Reducing and removing blood vessels and skin pigmentation and stimulating collagen to improve skin tone and texture
A beautiful, attractive complexion is characterized by skin that looks clear.
Light at specific wavelengths has been used for many years to rejuvenate the skin.
We use advanced laser light, such as VBeam and NdYAG, at Venus Medical to selectively target and reduce pigmentation, blood vessels, and to stimulate collagen and improve skin tone and texture.
The ideal candidate
A suitable candidate for photorejuvenation wishes to brighten the skin and clear red and brown pigmentation with effective treatments without downtime. Even if you have good skin, our skin imaging will detect and measure areas that can be improved. Photorejuvenation is ideal for those with fairer skin types who tend to freckle easily and those with a tendency to redness or rosacea.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Before laser treatment, we use Antera 3D photography to identify and measure melanin and haemoglobin. This determines the degree of pigmentation and redness quantitatively and allows the measurement of improvement with treatments.
- Photorejuvenation takes 15-45 minutes and involves a series of quick pulses of light that selectively target unwanted brown spots and blood vessels.
- We use two main lasers as well as low-level LED (Light Emitting Diode) for photorejuvenation:
- VBeam: This advanced vascular laser is the gold-standard for treating redness, vessels, rosacea, active acne, as well as brown spots
- Laser genesis: This “laser facial” stimulates collagen, reduces redness and improves texture and pores using thousands of pulses of laser light that target the deep layer of skin.
- The skin is usually pink for an hour or two after photorejuvenation.
- If brown spots are treated, they darken slightly first before fading over a few days.
- Makeup can easily be applied the next day.