Venus Medical Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) privacy statement. this is our privacy statement which details how we use your personal data (“personal data”) when you use our websites www.venusmedical.ie we take our data protection responsibilities seriously.
1. Privacy Statement
- This website is owned by Venus Medical (“VM”) a company registered in Heritage House, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum, Dublin, Ireland.
- The New European General Data Protection Regulation (implemented in Ireland On 25 May 2018) (The “Regulations”) set out our responsibilities. We have to protect your data.
- Any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to: data protection officer, Venus Medical Ltd, Heritage House, Dundrum Office Park Dundrum, Dublin 14 Ireland – Phone No: +353-1-2962747
2. Data Protection Regulations
- For the purposes of this privacy statement: (a) we determine the purposes for which and the manner in which your personal data is, or is to be processed, and we are known as the data controller (“data controller”); and (b) in submitting your data and information to us to collect, handle and process, you will be the individual who is the subject of the data (the “data subject”); and (c) in processing your data and information, any other parties contracted to process data by the data controller will be known as (“data processors”).
3. What information do we collect from you?
- We may collect and process the following data and information that you give us if you fill in the account registration form, place an order for goods, or if you submit content on our website or otherwise by corresponding with us by phone email or otherwise: (a) name; (b) contact information including email address, phone number; (c) information necessary for the purposes of submitting an order for prescription products application; (d) prescribed medication and directions for use.
- We understand that the data collected at 3.a(c) and 3.a(d) is sensitive personal data.
- We will collect and process the following data automatically from your visit to our website: (a) technical information, including the internet protocol (ip) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; (b) information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locator (url), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number and any other anonymised data or metrics that identify user behaviour and the habits of web visitors.
- You may choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your own browser’s settings.
5. How do we use the information?
- We shall use the data and information you give to us: (a) to allow you to create an account and on the website; (b) to process and analyse your order(s) including dispensing and dispatching the products; (c) to keep and maintain our internal business records; (d) for our internal training purposes; (e) if you give us express consent, to provide you with our own tailored marketing information that we think may suit your interests and needs.
- We reserve the right to add to the list of uses in clause 5.a. we shall not use pre-collected data and information for any new uses of your data without consulting you and obtaining your express consent if we are required to do so under the regulations.
- Where you provide us with information for the purposes of account registration and orders described above, we may use such information provided in order to verify the information provided, process your application and order. We may also transfer the data to our data processors in order to fulfil or analyse your order.
- We reserve the right to anonymise your data to obtain analysis while retaining your privacy.
6. How do we handle your information?
- The data and information we collect from you will be transferred to and securely stored by our hosting third party: Siteground.com
- We are committed to ensuring that your data and information is secure. in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and officerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including: (a) all data and information you provide to us is stored on secure servers; (b) any payment transactions will be encrypted using ssl technology; (c) where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. we ask you not to share a password with anyone; (d) erasing of information, and destruction of any copies kept; (e) regularly updating our review procedure.
- Any sensitive personal data that we collect as described at clause 3.a(c) and 3.a(d) shall be processed in accordance with the regulations, and only to permit us to process your request or enquiry. Your sensitive personal data will be stored securely and will not be passed on to third parties.
7. To whom may we disclose your information?
- In providing us with data and information, you agree that we may disclose such information, where necessary for the purposes and uses listed in clause 5, to: (a) our employees, agents representatives and any data processors officially contracted to process the data on our behalf; (b) selected third parties including: (i) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; (ii) analytic and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; (c) any other third parties we are legally obliged to disclose your information to.
- We will only disclose your personal data to parties who bear sufficient legal responsibility for its protection and who have sufficient privacy and security measures in place to reasonably ensure that it will be protected and handled appropriately.
8. How can you control the use of your information?
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways: (a) by leaving the “third party opt-in” box empty on the account registration form. if you do not consent we shall assume that you do not want the data and information to be used by us or by third parties for analytical, marketing and promotional purposes; (b) if you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at, Venus Medical, Heritage House, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum, Dublin 14.
- The regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the act. any access request will be free. if you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Venus Medical, Heritage House, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum, Dublin 14.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
9. Changes to privacy statement
- We reserve the right to make changes to this policy without notice from time to time by updating this page. Every time you wish to use our website, please check the statement to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- The current statement was made effective as of may 2018 and incorporates the requirements of the new GDPR which came into effect on 25th may 2018.
10. Your right to complain
- If you believe that your information held by us is not being handled properly, you have the right to complain to the data commissioner.