A cosmetic surgery procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the neck
A necklift surgery is done to rejuvenate the jawline and neck by correcting problems like wrinkling of the neck skin, double chin, jowls, and turkey wattle. We may offer this procedure to men and women in combination with a facelift to address the entire aging face. It can also be done as a standalone procedure in people who still have a pleasing upper face but an aging neck.
The loss of youthful appearance in the neck with age occurs due to various reasons, including heredity, gravity, sun damage, and loss of skin elasticity. A necklift can rejuvenate and refresh the appearance of the neck, take the years off, and make you look dramatically younger and rested, helping you feel more confident about your appearance.
To perform a necklift, we use oal sedation and local anaesthesia. The incision depends on how much change you are aiming for. Dr Paul can perform a limited incision necklift or a traditional necklift. In the conventional approach, the incision begins in the hairline at the sideburn and continues down in front of the ear and up behind the ear hidden in the crease. A limited incision necklift is done with a smaller incision around the ear but the results are also limited compared to a traditional necklift. During the surgery, Dr Paul will redistribute and sculpt fat, reposition neck tissues, tighten skin and muscles, and trim excess skin to reshape the neck contour. At the end of the surgery, the incision is closed with sutures.
You can find out if you are a suitable candidate for a surgical necklift during a consultation with our plastic surgeons at Venus Medical.
Why Necklift at Venus Medical?
- Dr Malcolm Paul is our lead necklift surgeon who is a world-renowned facial plastic surgeon from Beverly Hills, California, with over 45 years experience
- Dr Paul’s advanced techniques lift the deeper tissues and tighten the neck by addressing the bands and lax tissues directly to give beautiful, natural-looking results.
- We perform all face and neck lifts purely under local anaesthesia, allowing a rapid recovery and avoiding unnecessary general anaesthesia
- We can perform advanced 3D face imaging during consultation to simulate procedures so as to discuss the goal of each procedure
- We can discuss facelift options remotely using MeTime (click MeTime link on homepage to get started) before you even commit to an in-clinic visit.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Ideal candidate for breast uplift
Women who are bothered by sagging or drooping breasts that have lost shape and volume and become flat, pendulous, or elongated, with nipples pointing down or falling below the breast crease, with areolas that are enlarged and stretched, or with one breast lower than the other, and who want to restore the breasts to a perkier, more youthful position with long-lasting results.
Ideal Candidate for Necklift
Men and women with wrinkling or sagging neck skin, jowls, double chin, turkey wattle, and other visible signs of aging in the neck, who want to restore a more youthful appearance to the jawline and neck with a solution that provides lasting results.