Raising the eyebrows to a more aesthetically pleasing position, providing a more youthful and attractive appearance
The aesthetically ideal brow shape in women is a gentle arch, like a gull’s wing. Heaviness in the brow can occur as a hereditary feature or as part of normal aging.
At Venus Medical we use tailored muscle-relaxing injections to create a gentle lift in the tail of the brow, a subtle but attractive enhancement. In addition, our Ultherapy procedure that uses microfocused ultrasound is FDA-approved for lifting the brow.
Accutite is a new bipolar radiofrequency device for tightening skin above the brow, providing a lift without the need for invasive surgery. This is performed under local anaesthesia. Venus Medical was the first clinic in Ireland to offer Accutite and FaceTite.
You may be a candidate for a brow thread lift. Small dissolvable sutures are placed under the skin to instantly lift the tail of the brow under local anaesthesia.
Before brow lifting at Venus Medical, we use a 3D digital simulation to show you the degree of lift that will enhance your face. The distance between the pupil and centre of the brow should be approximately 25mm. We measure this, and explain other options if there is a normal brow position but heaviness or excess skin below the brow.
The ideal candidate
Brow lifting might benefit you if the tail of your brow is at the same level or lower than the inside of your brow. If you have mild or moderate heaviness, and are keen to avoid surgery, Ultherapy can help lift your brow without injections or surgical scars.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Muscle-relaxing injections take just a few minutes, with no downtime, and results are visible in 1-2 weeks. The muscles that depress or pull down the brow or relaxed, allowing the elevators or “lifters” of the brow to pull a little harder, just enough to provide a natural, beautiful result.
- The Ultherapy brow lift is non-invasive. Beams of focused ultrasound pass deep to the muscle where the tissues contract and tighten. This elevates the brow over time, full results being visible in about three months. The procedure takes just 30 minutes.
- Accutite is performed under local anaesthesia. Numbing fluid is injected under the skin. Then a tiny probe is inserted to tighten skin from the inside. This takes just 30 minutes.
- There is no downtime with muscle-relaxing injections.
- Ultherapy has little or no downtime; some redness in the skin can last a few hours.
- Slight tenderness is normal for a week or two.
- There is usually no bruising.
- Accutite causes mild swelling and redness that subsides in about two days.