Body sculpting for abs & body
An advanced form of liposuction and body contouring pioneered in Ireland by Dr. Prendergast.
This is a highly advanced body contouring procedure for men and women that reduces fat, improves proportions, defines underlying muscles, and augments certain areas to reveal definition and curves you could have only dreamed of achieving before.
Stubborn fat is removed, and areas around muscles are sculpted to reveal a defined, toned and athletic appearance.
The ideal candidate
Hi-def lipo is not suitable for everyone. However if you are healthy, do not smoke, and have stubborn areas of fat around the tummy and waist, you might be a suitable candidate. Ideal candidates are looking for obvious definition in the abdominal wall muscles are already motivated to exercise and train. You will also need to commit to an important postoperative care programme including several sessions of manual lymphatic drainage massage (MLD).
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Dr Prendergast will assess you during your initial consultation and explain the procedure in detail.
- If you are suitable, a second visit is scheduled to perform a “work up”. Routine bloods, measurements, and photographs are taken.
- On the day of the procedure, you are lightly sedated with tablets and careful markings are made by Dr Prendergast.
- Diluted anaesthetic fluid is sprinkled into the fat first through 4mm incisions.
- Then VASER ultrasound probes are used to gently break up the fat painlessly, ready for removal.
- Fat is removed from the body using gentle suction.
- After that, more thorough sculpting of certain areas is performed by Dr Prendergast to create beautiful contours and shadows.
- To further enhance the results, fat may be used to reinject into areas such as the buttocks in women or the pectoral area in men.
- You will be required to wear a specially fitting compression garment for four weeks.
- There is usually significant draining and leaking of anaesthetic fluid for 12-24 hours after the procedure.
- You might have small drains that will stay in place and be removed after three days.
- We advise manual lymphatic drainage, about twice a week, for the first few weeks to accelerate healing.
- Treatments such as radiofrequency and extracorporeal shockwave therapy are available at Venus Medical for all our Vaser and Hi-Def Lipo patients to enhance and speed up recovery is you can see the amazing results as soon as possible.