Tear Trough Correction
Instant eye rejuvenation and brighter looking eyes. Dark circles vanish.
It is important to attend an expert in aesthetic medicine when considering correction under the eyes. Although one of the most commonly requested treatment areas, it is also one of the most unforgiving areas to treat, and many factors have to be considered for a successful outcome. Dr Prendergast is extremely experienced in treating the under-eye area and lectures around the world in these delicate techniques.
Dr Prendergast often uses safe, non-permanent fillers to correct the shadow or tear trough hollows. If there is loose skin as well, other options might be more suitable, including CO2 laser resurfacing, Morpheus8, or AccuTite.
During a consultation with Dr Prendergast the best options the under eye area for you are discussed.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for under eye fillers is someone with good skin but visible shadows due to volume loss. For very fine lines, laser resurfacing is an effective way to tighten the fine skin under the eyes. For more laxity in the skin and muscle, accutite is a new method for improving this area and avoiding surgery.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Dr Prendergast injects some local anaesthesia first to completely numb the area under the eye in a few seconds. This makes the procedure completely painless.
- Very soft, hyaluronic acid fillers suitable for under the eye are placed delicately using tiny cannulas, not needles. The filler is injected very precisely, to correct the shadow whilst avoiding unwanted bumpiness or swelling.
- CO2 laser resurfacing is performed in some people to tighten the skin under the eyes. After numbing and protecting the eyes with ocular shields, the laser scans across the skin, gently removing or ‘ablating’ the outer layer. This tightens skin instantly, and improves tightness over time.
- Morpheus uses radiofrequency needles to tighten fine lines, a quick but effective way to improve skin without prolonged downtime.
- Accutite is performed under local anaesthesia. Numbing fluid is injected under the skin. Then a tiny probe is inserted to tighten skin from the inside. This takes just 30 minutes.
- Fillers under the eyes usually leave very little swelling or bruising and make-up can be worn after a few hours.
- There is usually no bruising.
- Accutite causes mild swelling and redness that subsides in about 2 days.
- The recovery following CO2 laser resurfacing is about 7 days, during which there is pinkness and mild swelling.
- Vaseline must be applied during this first week.
"My experience has been very positive. I am extremely happy with the improvements I see as a result of the treatments Ive been having. The staff at the Clinic are friendly and helpful"