Wrinkles and Lines
Taking years off by smoothing away bothersome lines and wrinkles
Lines in the upper face are caused predominantly by activity of the muscles in this area: frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. Around the mouth, fine lines develop due to volume loss, normal aging, and activity of the muscles. These changes are exacerbated by sun exposure and smoking. Cheek lines are caused by volume loss and exposure to the sun as well. Wrinkles are more prevalent in aging skin that is losing collagen and elastin.
At Venus Medical, we have several options to dramatically improve lines and wrinkles in any part of the face. Upper face lines are best treated with muscle-relaxing injections. Lines around the mouth are eliminated with fillers, muscle-relaxing injections, and CO2 laser resurfacing. For cheek lines, there are various options such as volume replacement with collagen-stimulating fillers, CO2 laser resurfacing, and Morpheus8 fractional radiofrequency needling. The most effective treatment plan for you is determined during a consultation at the clinic.
The ideal candidate
From the age of 35, lines become more prominent despite topical creams, SPF and healthy eating. If you are interested in effective, safe aesthetic treatments that are non-surgical, you might be suitable for one or more of the procedures available at Venus Medical. Dr Prendergast will assess you during a consultation and discuss your options.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Treating the upper face lines with relaxing injections takes just five minutes, with no downtime. This involves small injections.
- Dr Prendergast usually performs nerve blocks before placing fillers around the mouth so the procedure is painless. Hyaluronic acid fillers are safe, non-permanent products that last 4-8 months in this area.
- Diffuse wrinkles and lines in the whole face might be best treated with a collagen-stimulating treatment such as Morpheus8, fractional CO2 laser or ultherapy.
- Lines and loose skin under the eyes are treated at Venus Medical with lasers, Morpheus8, and AccuTite. These use light or radiofrequency energy to heat and tighten skin under local anaesthesia with a few days of downtime.
- Muscle relaxing injections exhibit their full effects after two weeks.
- There is usually no downtime at all.
- Fillers around the mouth occasionally cause a little bruising but this can usually be concealed with makeup.
- Lasers and radiofrequency needling usually cause swelling for 2-3 days as well as some redness.