The ideal proportion from nose to top lip and bottom lip to tip of chin
The length of the top lip, the distance from the nose to the pink part of the lip, increases with aging. This hides the upper teeth and affects aesthetically ideal facial proportions.
The ideal proportion, from nose to top lip and bottom lip to tip of chin, should be 1:2. Lifting the top lip can have dramatically rejuvenating effects, whilst also looking completely natural.
The ideal candidate
If you open your mouth gently and cannot see your top teeth, and have lengthening in the distance from your nose to lip, you might be an ideal candidate for this procedure. Usually, the procedure is performed in women aged between 50 and 70 years.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Local anaesthetic is injected under the skin below the nose.
- A small incision is made at the base of the nose, hidden in the crease.
- The lip is lifted precisely based on preoperative markings.
- Stitches are placed in the skin under the nose for 6 days.
- Recovery is extremely quick.
- Stitches are removed after 6 days and makeup can be applied then as the tiny scar heals.