Vaser Lipo Body Contouring
An essential tool in high-definition body contouring, the ultimate human sculpting procedure
Vaser hi-def or high-definition liposculpture is an advanced form of body contouring that improves muscular definition in the abdomen, waist, chest, and arms.
Vaser represents a significant improvement on older, traditional liposuction techniques. Using gentle ultrasonic energy probes, fat is effortlessly liquefied before being removed through gentle suction.
Since ultrasound energy is selective for fat, using Vaser means less bruising and swelling and a smoother result compared to numerous other methods such as tickle lipo, power-assisted lipo, or traditional liposuction.
Vaser has also shown in clinical studies to tighten skin more than basic liposuction.
Dr Prendergast performs hi-def Vaser under local anaesthesia. You can find out if you are a suitable candidate for this procedure during a Vaser consultation with Dr Prendergast.
Why Vaser at Venus Medical?
- Dr Prendergast was the first doctor in Ireland to use Vaser and has over a decade of experience in advanced liposculpture.
- Dr Prendergast regularly trains other surgeons internationally in Vaser body contouring.
- Venus Medical is the only clinic in Ireland to perform High-Definition Vaser.
- Venus Medical is the only clinic in Ireland to combine Vaser with BodyTite when extra skin tightening is required.
- Dr Prendergast’s vast experience with Vaser allows him to treat all stubborn fatty areas: neck and jowls, male chest, arms, tummy, back and flanks, thighs, knees, calves and around ankles. We also sometimes use the fat to transfer to the breasts or buttocks
The ideal candidate
Men and women who have stubborn areas of fat who want a definitive single procedure to remove the fat permanently.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Before the procedure you will receive some tablets to make you feel relaxed.
- Once Dr Prendergast artistically marks the treatments areas, the procedure is performed.
- The areas to be treated are numbed using tumescent anaesthesia.
- Diluted anaesthetic fluid is sprinkled slowly into the fat using a cannula through tiny 4mm incisions.
- You will feel a pressure sensation and after a couple of minutes the entire area feels numb, making the Vaser procedure painless.
- Narrow Vaser probes are used to emulsify or “melt” the fat effortlessly whilst preserving other tissues under the skin.
- The contouring begins.
- Dr Prendergast uses straight and curved cannulas to gently and expertly remove fat and contour the body.
- Immediately after the procedure, which can take 1-3 hours depending on what areas are contoured, a special compression garment is worn.
- This helps reduce swelling, provide comfort, and facilitates a smooth result by encouraging skin tightening.
- Although you cannot drive immediately after the procedure, you can go home in the company of a friend or relative.
- Most patients return to work within 2-3 days.
- You can expect to see results straight away, but these improve during the following 1-3 months.
"Dr Prendergast and his team are fantastic, very professional and friendly! Highly recommend them!"