The art of creating perfectly balanced, proportioned and natural-looking lips
Lips are a defining feature of the face, so it’s important that they’re well-balanced, symmetrical and have beautiful volume.
Dr Prendergast has been performing lip enhancement for over 13 years and understands the artistry involved in creating perfectly balanced, proportioned and natural-looking lips.
Before committing to lip enhancement, we encourage you to have 3D imaging so we can show to you how you might look before proceeding.
With the advent of instagram and other social media platforms, more young people are having lip fillers injected into their lips often by poorly trained, non-medical injectors who offer cheap treatments. Dr Prendergast frequently sees patients who need correction following poorly or dangerously placed lip fillers. Seeking cheap injectables can prove to be a very expensive mistake, even if it has “gone well” up until now.
The ideal candidate
Whether you have thin lips, or simply want to enhance the volume or definition of your lips, this is a safe treatment in experienced hands. If you have realistic expectations and want natural-looking lips, lip enhancement at Venus Medical might be for you.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Dr Prendergast discusses the procedure in detail, and listens to your desires. He will educate you on the benefits of lip enhancement and show you some 3D imaging so you will see how you might look following the treatment.
- At Venus Medical we use nerve blocks before lip enhancement. This is significantly more effective than topical ‘numbing’ cream.
- Using a variety of advanced techniques to sculpt the aesthetically ideal lip, Dr Prendergast places the soft, hyaluronic acid filler into the body and border of the lips.
- In select cases, lines above the lips are also softened and the corners of the mouth are lifted by using a combination of fillers and muscle relaxing injections.
- The numbing sensation wears off after 1-2 hours and you can return to your normal activities straight away.
- Swelling is possible, but uncommon.
- After 2-3 days, the lips look their best and completely natural.