Laser Hair Removal
Safe in all skin types
Laser hair removal is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world. It works because the powerful light targets the pigment in hair, heating it up selectively until the cells in the hair follicle are destroyed.
The laser or intense pulsed light energy, using selective photothermolysis, causes minimal heating of surrounding tissues, reducing the chance of burns or other complications.
Laser hair removal is quick, safe, and effective. Since hairs grow in different cycles, you will need a course of treatments to target most hairs and give excellent, lasting results. At Venus Medical we have technology that is safe in all skin types, from fair skin to asian or black skin.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for laser hair removal has fair non-tanned skin and dark hair; this contrast allows easy targeting for the laser. Hair that is dark, thick, and dense is an easy target for the lasers. Fine hair is also treatable at higher energies. However, white, blonde or red hair cannot be effectively treated with modern lasers despite some marketing claims. At Venus Medical, we use the NdYAG laser when treating dark or black skin since intense pulsed light(IPL) is not safe in darker skin types.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- A test patch is performed initially to ensure optimum, safe settings.
- The treatment areas should be shaved prior to attending the clinic (not waxed).
- Gel is applied.
- The laser is applied to the area and pulses are delivered.
- Contact cooling and cryoair ensure comfort during the procedure.
- Pinkness and some very mild swelling around hair follicles is normal and short-lived.
- You can return to your normal activities straight away.