The ingenious procedure that instantly lifts the lower face, tightens the jawline and restores more youthful contours.
The one stitch facelif’ is the latest in facial rejuvenation and can be performed without the need for general anaesthetic. This procedure offers patients the chance to achieve a fresher more youthful, lifted look without having a full face lift.
The face is lifted painlessly under local anaesthesia in about an hour, with minimal downtime.
Dr Prendergast perfected his one-stitch facelift technique after years performing other, less effective thread lifts. He has experience with most thread lifts including PDO threads, Ancorage threads, Happy Lift, Silhouette Lift and Silhouette Soft. He has taught surgeons all over the world in his own thread lift techniques, and has published his innovations in books and journals.
The ideal candidate for one stitch facelift
Specially recommended for those aged 35-55 who start to see the signs of aging in the lower face and are not interested in an invasive facelift but are keen to try something more definitive and effective than non-invasive treatments. The one-stitch facelift is popular with those that want to see a quick result.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- Local anaesthetic is placed in the scalp and in front of the ear to completely numb the area.
- A small area of skin is removed right at the hairline in front of the ear and a lifting thread is placed under the skin with a special instrument.
- The face is lifted instantly by tightening the thread, which is anchored securely to the muscle through a separate, small incision hidden behind the hairline.
- Patients can return to work within a week.
- You will be prescribed some antibiotics to take for one week.
- There is no need for dressings, head garments or drains after the procedure.
- After one week, stitches at the incision sites are removed. The small hairline scar is usually easily hidden by the hair, and fades over time.
- Some pain tablets are prescribed for discomfort for the first few days.
- It is normal to have a little puckering of skin in front of the ear but this always softens, usually within a week or so.