(Eye Bag Removal)
A cosmetic surgery to remove or redistribute fat under the eyes and smoothen undereye skin, giving you a fresher and younger appearance
A lower blepharoplasty or eye bag removal surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is done to improve the appearance of the lower part of the eyes. It can be combined with an upper blepharoplasty (eye lift) to rejuvenate the entire eye area.
With age, the area surrounding the eyes starts to look tired and jaded due to the effects of gravity, loss of skin elasticity, and sun damage. Fine lines develop in the skin under the eyes. Excess fat accumulates in the under-eye area, giving rise to puffiness. This is commonly referred to as “eye bags.”
We offer a lower blepharoplasty or eye bag removal surgery to men and women with aging eyes. The procedure can smoothen unattractive lines and wrinkles and get rid of fatty deposits and puffiness. The result is a dramatic improvement in your appearance with eyes that appear more alert, rested, and youthful.
At Venus Medical, Dr Malcolm Paul performs eye bag removal surgery under local anaesthesia. He makes an incision either immediately below the lower lash line or from the inside of the eyelid. Through this incision, he removes or repositions fat, lifts and tightens under-eye tissues, and removes excess skin. Dr Paul can perform a lower and upper blepharoplasty together for more complete eye rejuvenation.
You can find out if you are a suitable candidate for a lower blepharoplasty (eye bag removal procedure) during a consultation with us at Venus Medical or by starting a journey and connecting with us through the MeTime app.
Why Lower Blepharoplasty (Eye Bag Removal) at Venus Medical?
- Dr Malcolm Paul is an experienced facial plastic surgeon with over 45 years of experience.
- We perform this procedure under local anaesthesia, allowing you to return to your usual activities quickly
- When required, we remove deeper, orbital fat rather than just trimming away skin – this provides more effective and longer lasting results in selected individuals
- Venus Medical is an exclusive and award-winning private cosmetic clinic located within easy access in Dublin city centre.
- We can assess you remotely through the MeTime app. We can review your photos and chat before you even decide to come to the clinic.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Ideal candidate for breast uplift
Women who are bothered by sagging or drooping breasts that have lost shape and volume and become flat, pendulous, or elongated, with nipples pointing down or falling below the breast crease, with areolas that are enlarged and stretched, or with one breast lower than the other, and who want to restore the breasts to a perkier, more youthful position with long-lasting results.
Ideal Candidate for Lower Blepharoplasty (Eye Bag Removal)
Men and women with droopy lower lids, bags under the eyes, dark circles, undereye puffiness, and wrinkles around the eyes who want a more refreshed, alert, and youthful appearance with results that last for years.