Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift)
A cosmetic surgery to correct heavy or drooping upper lids and refresh the brow area
An upper blepharoplasty or eye lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that is done to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids. It can be done in combination with a lower blepharoplasty (eye bag removal) procedure to rejuvenate the entire area surrounding the eyes.
As we grow older, the upper eyelid skin loses its elasticity and starts to droop or sag. This can lead to the formation of folds or creases that hang low over the lashes.
An eye lift procedure can treat common problems like sagging skin, loose skin, and folds of skin in the upper eyelids. These age-related changes can make you appear tired and may even interfere with vision. Eyelid surgery can also eliminate fatty deposits that cause puffiness in the eyelids. The procedure can open up your eyes, helping you look more rested and look years younger.
At Venus Medical, our plastic surgeons perform eyelid surgery using local anaesthesia. The incision for an eye lift is well concealed in the natural fold of the upper eyelid. The incision is used to access the deeper layers to trim away excess muscle or fat, as well as skin.
You can find out if you are a suitable candidate for an upper blepharoplasty eyelid surgery during a consultation at Venus Medical or by connecting remotely on the MeTime app.
Why Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift) at Venus Medical?
- Dr Shadab Ahmad and Dr Malcolm Paul are experienced plastic surgeons with decades of experience.
- We perform this procedure under local anaesthesia, allowing you to return to your usual activities quickly
- When required, we remove deeper, orbital fat rather than just trimming away skin – this provides more effective and longer lasting results in selected individuals
- Venus Medical is an exclusive and award-winning private cosmetic clinic located within easy access in Dublin city centre.
- We can assess you remotely through the MeTime app. We can review your photos and chat before you even decide to come to the clinic.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Ideal candidate for breast uplift
Women who are bothered by sagging or drooping breasts that have lost shape and volume and become flat, pendulous, or elongated, with nipples pointing down or falling below the breast crease, with areolas that are enlarged and stretched, or with one breast lower than the other, and who want to restore the breasts to a perkier, more youthful position with long-lasting results.
Ideal Candidate for Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift)
Men and women with heavy lids, sagging eyelid skin, folds in the upper eyelids, and drooping or puffiness of the upper lids, who desire a more youthful appearance with long-lasting results through surgical correction of these cosmetic concerns.