Breast Fat Grafting
A natural-looking result without using silicone implants
Breast fat grafting restores breast volume, adds volume, and improves symmetry using fat taken from one part of the body using Vaser and placed into the breast area under local anaesthesia.
The smooth fat tissue that is extracted is then processed and placed precisely into the breasts using fine cannulas.
Worldwide, breast fat grafting is becoming an extremely popular procedure because it provides a modest augmentation with very natural looking results, all without the need for silicone implants.
We’re here to help you achieve natural-looking results whatever your concerns.
Treatment step by step
- During the initial consultation, Dr Prendergast explains the procedure in detail and all your questions are answered.
- If you are not suitable for the procedure, this is explained as well and alternative options might be provided.
- The areas on the body where fat is to be taken are marked, as well as the breasts themselves.
- Dr Prendergast uses Vaser to carefully loosen the fat cells so they can be removed through gentle suction.
- Almost any part of the body can be used to contour and harvest fat.
- The fat is then cleaned and filtered in a special fat grafting system and prepared in smaller syringes.
- After the breast area is numbed, the fat is carefully placed to instantly add volume, lift, and improve breast symmetry.
- A garment is applied and you can return home shortly after the procedure.
- You will be required to wear a specially fitting compression garment for 4 weeks.
- There is usually significant draining and leaking of anaesthetic fluid for 12-24 hours after the procedure.
- We advise manual lymphatic drainage for the body (not breasts), about twice a week, for the first few weeks to accelerate healing.
- You must not apply too much pressure to the breasts for the first month.
- The breasts will feel firm after the procedure for the first few weeks, but gradually soften to ultimately feel extremely natural.