What is VASER Lipo?
VASER Lipo is a minimally invasive means of liposuction, performed without the use of sedation or general anesthetic. During the procedure you are awake and lucid, and recovery time is extremely quick. The results of VASER show more artistic sculpting of both small areas such as the chin and calves as well as large areas such as the tummy and thighs.
What areas can be treated at Venus Medical?
Dr Prendergast uses VASER to contour most areas in the body. These include:
- Tummy and flanks (love handles)
- Back and bra folds
- Upper arms (bingo wings)
- Male chest (gynecomastia)
- Thighs and around buttocks
- Calves and ankles
- Neck and chin
Why consider VASER Liposuction?
VASER Lipo is an advanced form of body contouring, of which Dr. Prendergast is an international pioneer. Compared to traditional liposuction, there is a much quicker recovery time, less swelling and bruising, and it is associated with smooth results and superior skin tightening compared to traditional liposuction. Ultrasound-assisted liposuction has been used for many years successfully. For over a decade, VASER has proven to be the most efficient version of third-generation ultrasound-assisted liposuction. The VASER method allows for more specific destruction of fat cells and limited injury to all other tissues. It also avoids many potential risks by using only local anaesthetic.
Here are yet more reasons to consider VASER Lipo at Venus Medical:
1. Dr Prendergast was the first doctor in Ireland to perform the VASER procedure and is an official international trainer in VASER
2. The only clinic in Ireland with the latest, VASER 2.0 technology, with VASER Smooth for treating cellulite simultaneously
3. Dr Prendergast is the only doctor in Ireland trained in 4D Lipo, the advanced VASER Hi-Def technique. He was invited onto the faculty of the renowned International Center for Artistic Body Sculpting in Colombia
4. Author of High Definition Body Sculpting. Art and Advanced Lipoplasty Techniques, an amazon best-seller in cosmetic surgery
5. Dr Prendergast only uses tumescent anaesthesia for VASER lipo, the safest way to perform any liposculpture technique
6. We do not consider this merely fat removal, rather, it is an artistic form of true body sculpting
7. International advocate of training and safety in liposuction, as President of the European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surger
8.All consultations performed by Dr Prendergast
9.Unsurpassed preoperative and postoperative care for best results and safety
10.We love VASER. We are sure you will, too!
How is VASER Lipo performed?
1.Infiltration: slowly passing the diluted anaesthetic solution into the fat through tiny incisions using special cannulas or sprinklers
2.Emulsification: once the areas are completely numb, the fat is liquefied using special fine VASER probes. These probes emit ultrasound waves, efficiently breaking down the fat whilst preserving other tissues such as blood vessels and nerves. Contouring the body in this way requires an artful eye and delicate, graceful movements of the probe.
3.Aspiration: Once the fat has been emulsified, it can be easily extracted through gentle suction.
How long is the recovery period?
Most patients report a very quick recovery with proper adherence to the postoperative instructions. You will only require a few days off work. Many patients we treat go back to work on Monday following their treatment on Friday.
During the preoperative assessment you are measured for a properly fitting compression garment, made of advanced F-7 fabric. This is thin and can easily be worn under your clothes. The garment helps ensure your skin is smooth as it tightens, reduces swelling, and provides comfort. You must wear the garment for four weeks.
Firmness and some bruising are normal following VASER. We will advise appropriate aftercare, including manual lymphatic drainage massage and, in selected cases, our own advanced Lipokontur treatment. You will see the difference in your contours as soon as a few days after VASER lipo.
Call 012962747 and speak to our clinic advisor today.