Breast Augmentation – Fat Transfer
What is Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer?
In fat grafting, fat tissue is removed from other parts of your body — usually your thighs, belly, and waist — by minimally invasive VASER liposuction. The smooth fat tissue that is extracted is then processed and placed precisely into the breasts using fine cannulas. Worldwide, breast fat grafting is becoming an extremely popular procedure because it provides a modest augmentation with very natural looking results, all without the need for silicone implants.
Breast augmentation with fat consists of an advanced, two-step process:
- VASER technology is used to emulsify fat after it has been numbed. Usually about 700-1000ml of fat are harvested in this way, from stubborn fatty areas such as the outer thighs or lower tummy.
- The fat is kept in a sterile closed system,”washed”, and then transferred to small syringes for injection. Using special blunt cannulas the fat is placed carefully and precisely into the breasts, around the gland, in order to provide a volume enhancement that is natural looking. After the procedure, a sports bra must be worn. The breasts will be firm for the first couple of weeks, but then soften so that it is impossible to tell that any surgical procedure has been performed.
Watch this procedure featured in RTE2 Body shopping show.
Why should I consider this over implants?
The advantages of fat grafting are:
- It uses your own tissue instead of an implant.
- Fat is removed from an area where you don’t want it.
- Many women report that their fat-grafted breast has sensation and feels soft, much like that before the procedure.
- It is highly effective for women suffering with breast asymmetry.
- There are no scars, and no implants to be felt.
It’s also a good alternative for women who want a subtle breast augmentation, rather than going up several sizes.
The primary disadvantage of fat grafting is that body fat cells can shrink. This means the volume gained through fat transfer can diminish over the years, particularly with weight loss. Fat grafting is not a viable option for women seeking a dramatic increase in cup size. All risks versus benefits of treatment are discussed during a consultation with Dr Prendergast.
Fat transfer is rapidly rising in demand and popularity. To learn more of the incredible applications of fat in the world of aesthetics, click to read our VASER High Def, Brazilian Butt Lift, and Fat Transfer to Face pages.
Call our clinic on 0 12962747 for more information.